About the Club
The Moorpark Women's Fortnightly Club (MWFC) was established in 1905, one year after the railroad came to town. The group formed as a way to provide local women with the opportunity to visit and share with each other, an important task in a tiny town where news arrived by foot, horseback or the morning train.
The Club was federated with the General Federation of Women's Clubs and the California Federation of Women's Clubs in 1915, becoming the sixth club to do so in Ventura County.
Over the years, Moorpark Women's Fortnightly Club has concentrated on providing library services and scholarships for the students of Moorpark. The original clubhouse, built in 1912, also served as the first library and the first high school in town. This set the pattern of ongoing support for the town of Moorpark and for the school libraries in the ensuing years.
Members of MWFC have always been generous with their talents and efforts in fundraising projects. The Club raises thousands of dollars each year, with the main focus on scholarships, schools, libraries, and charities benefiting the immediate community.
General Federation of Women's Club History
2018-2020 Executive Committee
Membership Chair: Robin Hagey, email@example.com