There are various opportunities in which to serve and get involved with the MWFC:
- Moorpark Theater
- Student Art Fair
- TAD Fine Arts Festival
- Youth Art - Moorpark Country Days
- Penny Pines
- Resource Conservation
- Book Club
- Focus on Literacy
- Scholarships - High School
- Scholarships - College
- Scholarships - VCCF
Home Life Department
- Operation Blankets of Love
- Boys & Girls Club Projects
- Moorpark Food Pantry
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Relay for Life
- Sarah's House
- Warm Up America
- Our Community House of Hope
- Bumble Bee Foundation
- PLAN USA
- Heifer Project International
Public Affairs Department
- Moms for Soldiers (For the Troops)
- Veterans Affairs
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Leadership - HOBY Scholarship
- Legislation and Public Policy
- Logo Wear
- Moorpark Country Days
- Spring Luncheon Fundraiser
- Tuesday Morning Girls
- Women's History and Resources
Ongoing Club Projects
Mom's for Soldiers Each month we support the military serving overseas by contributing personal hygiene and recreational items. The chairman lists the desired items in the monthly newsletter as well as provides a "shopping" list at the meeting. Members are also urged to write letters and cards to servicemen and women. All donated items are boxed monthly and shipped to the grateful military personnel overseas.
Warm Up America Use up any leftover yarn by knitting or crocheting 7"x 9" squares. Donated squares will be sewn into blankets for use at emergency relief centers throughout the country. If your needlework skills are a little rusty, our Warm Up America chairmen would be happy to teach you so you can contribute to this worthwhile project.
Conservation Beautification Save those loose coins that are weighing down your wallet or purse for the Penny Pines California reforestation project.
Cancelled Stamps As you open your mail remember to tear off the cancelled stamps. Make sure you leave a little paper around the edges of the stamps and bring them to one of our meetings where they will be collected for world relief projects.
Food Pantry Donate canned food, dry goods or pet food at the monthly meetings to help stock the shelves of our local Moorpark Food Pantry. Cash donations are always welcome for this project.
First Five Share the joy of reading with young children in Moorpark by donating new or gently used books to First Five. Just bring them to a meeting.
- Aluminum pop-tops - recycled to support Ronald McDonald House
- Used Batteries - put these in "The Big Green Box" for an environmentally safe way to dispose of batteries
- Used Ink Cartridges - to obtain credits at Staples for MWFC office supplies